How To Keep Cut Flowers Fresh
Based on the latest research, we recommend the following simple tips to ensure that your flowers last longer and look lovelier:
- Make sure vases are very clean.
- Use fresh lukewarm with water and commercial cut flower food added.
- Strip all leaves below the water level.
- Take at least 3cm (1") off all stems, making a slanted cut with a sharp knife or very sharp scissors.
- Avoid direct sunlight, heat or draughts, which can shorten flowers' lives.
- Keep flowers away from fruit and remove faded flowers as they occur.
- Top up the water regularly.
- After 2-3 days take flowers out of vase, empty water and refill with lukewarm water and re-cut the stems on an angle with a sharp knife or scissors.