How To Take Care Of Roses
Key tips for success: Re-cut stem ends at an angle every 1-3 days. Keep vase full of water and use floral preservative. Display in cool area away from heat vents.
- Immediately upon arrival:
- Remove foliage below the water line in your arrangement and avoid injuring stem bark.
- Re-cut stems at an angle with sharp knife or clippers.
- Place roses in clean, deep container filled with lukewarm water and floral preservative.
- To arrange, use a clean vase with ample water capacity (Roses are very thirsty flowers). Keep vase full by adding water daily. If arranging foam is used, insert stems firmly. Keep foam saturated daily.
- If the roses begin to wilt, try submerging the entire flower and stem in tub or tray of warm water and straighten. Cut 1" from end of stem under water. Allow rose about 2 hours under water to revive. Another option: float the bloom in a bowl or tie or tightly arrange them with their heads just above the top of the vase in a posy style.
- Display roses in cool location, out of direct sun; avoid excessive heat or cold. Keep roses away from fruit and cigarette smoke.
- The vase life on roses falls between 4-10 days.